Ten Things That Made Me Feel Happy This Week
1) Our 2-yr-old daughter told me multiple times how beautiful the flowers smelled as I was running her to school in the jogging stroller. And she asked me whether it was winter again because it was raining. It was a deeper than usual…and particularly awesome conversation.
2) I saw an elderly couple riding a tandem home from the grocery store. He wore khakis and she wore a dress. May we all be so lucky.
3) Philz Coffee.
4) My parents arrived for a weekend visit, and I was overwhelmed that they are my parents + friends + teachers all at the same time.
5) I learned something new (check out Michael Pollan’s fascinating new article on microbiomes) and felt better about the dirt on my floor.
6) I wished an old friend happy birthday and for a few minutes, was transported back to being a kid.
7) I ate a strawberry from our garden. It was a little bit green, but it doesn’t matter. We grew it!
8) We had dinner outside and the sky was pinkish.
9) A standing weekly meeting at work is now a standing weekly WALKING meeting.
10) I watched a few Granny Rock videos. I CAN’T STOP!
The learning? Only one of these things was purchased (Philz), everything was close to home, and most importantly…THE LITTLE THINGS CAN HAVE A HUGE IMPACT. Happy Friday!
What brightened your spirits this week?
LOVE this post- and #1 has me sitting here crying. 🙂
awww…thanks, sara. someone posted on facebook that this might be a good weekly practice for each of us. after all…these are the days that make up our lives. glad you liked it. i’d love to hear about one thing that brought you joy this week.
Lovely☺ have a great weekend!