Ten Things That Made Me Feel Happy This Week
1) Our 2-yr-old daughter told me multiple times how beautiful the flowers smelled as I was running her to school in the jogging stroller. And she asked me whether it was winter again because it was raining. It was a deeper than usual…and particularly awesome conversation.
2) I saw an elderly couple riding a tandem home from the grocery store. He wore khakis and she wore a dress. May we all be so lucky.
3) Philz Coffee.
4) My parents arrived for a weekend visit, and I was overwhelmed that they are my parents + friends + teachers all at the same time.
5) I learned something new (check out Michael Pollan’s fascinating new article on microbiomes) and felt better about the dirt on my floor.
6) I wished an old friend happy birthday and for a few minutes, was transported back to being a kid.
7) I ate a strawberry from our garden. It was a little bit green, but it doesn’t matter. We grew it!
8) We had dinner outside and the sky was pinkish.
9) A standing weekly meeting at work is now a standing weekly WALKING meeting.
10) I watched a few Granny Rock videos. I CAN’T STOP!
The learning? Only one of these things was purchased (Philz), everything was close to home, and most importantly…THE LITTLE THINGS CAN HAVE A HUGE IMPACT. Happy Friday!
What brightened your spirits this week?